The VEXIQ Challenge is an annual competition which includes a grades 4 & 5 Division and a Middle School Division.
Young Makers Lab will field entry level teams in the elementary age division.
- Our 2019 Fall session is open for kids in grades 3 to 5.
- Space on these teams is limited. Do not wait to enroll. We anticipate filling up quickly.
- VEXIQ Team members will design and build a robot which can score the most points on this year’s challenge board by remote control and by autonomous programming.
- Programming is learned and executed using a language known as RobotC – which is a version of C.
- Participants will work on the construction of the VEXIQ robotic system, including the use of sensors, and will be responsible for an “Engineer’s Notebook” where they will document their odyssey.
- Our fall teams will compete in local competitions – dates TBD. We anticipate 2 competitions and are hopeful that at least one competition will take place in Boca Raton.
- At our first meeting, our VEXIQ teams will choose their own team names.
Our 2019 VEXIQ Fall Robotics teams will meet once a week.
Our teams are scheduled on the following dates:
Elementary School Teams
Saturdays – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
September 7, 14, 21, 28
October 5, 12, 19, 26
November 2, 9, 16, 23
The cost of the Fall Season is $520
This cost includes the cost of any local fall competitions we enter.