The VEXIQ Challenge is an annual competition which includes a grades 4 & 5 Division.
- Our 2018 Fall session is open for kids in grades 4 & 5.
- VEXIQ Team members will design and build a robot which can score the most points on this year’s challenge board by remote control and by autonomous programming.
- Programming is learned and executed using a language known as RobotC – which is a version of C.
- Participants will work on the construction of the VEXIQ robotic system, including the use of sensors, and will be responsible for an “Engineer’s Notebook” where they will document their odyssey.
- Our fall teams will compete in local competitions – dates TBD. Competitions for this team will be on Sundays.
- At our first meeting, our VEXIQ teams will choose their own team names.
Note: if you want to schedule your own team for us to coach, simply gather three or more 4th & 5th graders or middle schoolers and we will work with you on a schedule. Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays are open. Email us if you’re interested.
Our teams are scheduled on the following dates:
Elementary School Teams
September 16, 23
October 7, 14, 21, 28
November 4, 11, 18, 25
10 am to 12:00 p.m.
The cost of the Fall Season is $750
A 20% discount is now in place, making it $600 for a limited time!