The VEXIQ Challenge is an annual competition which includes a grades 4 & 5 Division and a Middle School Division.
- This team is for Girls Only in grades 4 & 5
- VEXIQ Team members will design and build a robot which can score the most points on this year’s challenge board by remote control and by autonomous programming.
- Programming is learned and executed using a language known as RobotC – which is a version of C.
- Participants will work on the construction of the VEXIQ robotic system, including the use of sensors, and will be responsible for an “Engineer’s Notebook” where they will document their odyssey.
- Our fall teams will compete in local competitions – dates TBD. We anticipate 2 competitions and are hopeful that at least one competition will take place in Boca Raton.
- At our first meeting, our VEXIQ teams will choose their own team names.
Our VEXIQ All Girls Robotics team will meet on the following dates:
Times: Saturdays – 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and Mondays – 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
September 15, 17, 22, 24, 29
October 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29
November 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19
Note: If enrollment allows we will field multiple girls teams.
The cost of the Fall Season is $750 – but is currently discounted to $650 – a $100 savings!Register Now