The VEXIQ Challenge is an annual competition which includes a grades 4 & 5 Division and a Middle School Division.
- Our 2019 Fall Highly Competitive Middle School Team is open for students in grades 6 through 8.
- We do have a Highly Competitive Elementary School Team. Go here for details on that team.
- Space on this team is limited. Do not wait to enroll. We anticipate filling up quickly.
- VEXIQ HC Team members will design and build a robot which can score the most points on this year’s challenge board by remote control and with autonomous programming.
- Programming is learned and executed using a language known as RobotC – which is a version of C.
- Participants will work on the construction of the VEXIQ robotic system, including the use of sensors, and will be responsible for an “Engineer’s Notebook” where they will document their odyssey.
- Our HC Teams will compete in local competitions – dates TBD. We anticipate 2 competitions and are very confident that at least one competition will take place in Boca Raton.
YML’s Highly Competitive Middle School Teams’ Meeting Dates & Times
Our 2019 VEXIQ HC Middle School Robotics teams will meet three times a week.
Saturdays – 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
August 17, 24, 31
September 7, 14, 21, 28
October 5, 12, 19, 26
November 2, 9, 16, 23
December 7, 14
Wednesdays & Thursdays – 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
August 21, 22, 28, 29
September 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
October 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30
November 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21
December 4, 5, 11, 12
We anticipate competition dates in late November and/or early December which may coincide with our planned team meeting dates. The cost of the tournaments are included in the total cost of the season.
We understand that circumstances happen and team members may miss meetings or practices from time to time. We ask that families make concerted effort to bring their Vex Robotics Enthusiast to as many of our meetings as possible. No credits or refunds will be made for missed meeting dates.
The cost of the HCT Season is $440 per month – August through December.
You can set up payments or pay in full.
Early Enrollment discounts apply until July 31st, 2019
If teams qualify for additional competitions (ie: State, National or World) we will publish additional schedules and the additional months needed for practice will be priced at the same rate as the regular season.Register Now